Friday, June 08, 2007


It's my first gallery feature in awhile, and it's a double header: In today's Washington City Paper, I've got a review of Wolfgang Tillmans at the Hirshhorn, and Mingering Mike at Hemphill.

Read it here.

I think this is my first longer piece since the CP redesign, and I must say, it's really nice to have those color photos in the print version.

Also nice to have a two page spread with no ads--either they wanted to preserve the integrity of my piece, or they decided to put all the ads in pieces people might actually read. The visual arts, she's a money maker.

I've also got a pick of the current show of drawings over at Curator's Office--the one with all the "D"s in the title. There's a nice little James Siena in that show; I resisted the temptation to tuck it under my arm and nonchalantly sprint out of the building. Nonchalantly, you see.


1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Cameron Boyd said...

Wonder if (subconsciously) Dori had this kind of "minger-ing" in mind? Is he a Brit? Dori, not Mike. . .

Great review, by the way.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home