Wednesday, March 04, 2009

For some reason, J.T. Kirkland, Chris Rywalt, Mark Boyd and I got locked into a heated discussion on Facebook (lord help us all) while J.T. was doing a little NYC gallery crawling. Since then, J.T. has posted the contents of the discussion on his blog, and others have jumped onto the dogpile.

Anyway, if you, like Chris or Franklin, would at this point like to physically throw something at Mark, now's your chance: Mark will give an artist's talk tonight at Hamiltonian Gallery, from 7:00 to 8:30. That's 1353 U Street. See you there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Cameron Boyd said...

Kisses would be nice . . .

11:13 AM  
Blogger jhcudlin said...

Uh...how about a nod and a collegial handshake?

3:29 PM  
Blogger Chris Rywalt said...

I just found this through Technorati. A little late, I know.

I just wanted to note that I never wanted to throw anything at Mark. We have an intellectual disagreement. I don't think he's a bad person and I don't wish him any harm at all, and I'm sorry if at any point it seemed, from what I wrote, that I did or do. I don't think he should stop being who he is and I don't think his work should be melted down and dropped into the Marianas Trench (I said that about Tom Otterness, so I do think that about some people, but not Mark, and not just because Mark's work wouldn't melt).

I do think he should change his mind so he agrees with me, but that's why we have a disagreement. It's how these things work. It's not personal, never was.

Just so everyone knows.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home