Friday, December 29, 2006

My year's end roundup is in this week's Washington City Paper.

I'd just like to add that it was nice to be able to name-drop
Jefferson Pinder at the end of the piece.

Jefferson and I both teach at Maryland, and we did a
project together this past January.

This is what some would call a conflict of interest.

That's why I've never written about his work for the CP. For his most recent show at
G Fine Art with Iona Brown, I only wrote a pick for Iona's pieces...though fellow CP writer Kriston Capps did specifically--and quite nicely--examine his installation, Juke, a week or so later.

But considering the year Jefferson's had--a piece at the Studio Museum in Harlem, a review in the New York Times, a museum show in Poland with Kara Walker, getting picked up by G Fine Art--well, it seemed ridiculous for me not to at least mention him in my final article for the year.

You know, Jessica Dawson from the Post did a pretty good job writing about the work, too--aside from the fact that she seems a little fuzzy on what Malcolm X looked like.

It is at least true that both men are African-American. And, yes, they do both wear glasses.

But enough about that. Here's wishing you a safe and happy New Year's Eve.


See you again on January 2nd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home