Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I woke up this morning to hear that close to a million people appeared to be on the mall just after sunrise. Good morning, Washington! So I guess it's a lock: I'll be watching our new president take the oath of office from home, on TV.

When was the last inauguration that felt like this? Eight years ago, I mostly remember a lot of anger, thousands of outraged protesters, and riot police hauling folks away. (I also remember being disconcerted when I got home by how little of this was reported in news coverage of the day.)

If the inauguration sets the tone for the presidency that's to follow--and that certainly seemed to be the case with the previous administration--then I think we're in a good place right now.

This week and the next may be light or erratic here at H & S. It's installation time again at the AAC, and there's plenty to do, as usual. I'll have more here and on the AAC blog by this weekend, I hope, on what we're showing in PUBLIC/PRIVATE--exciting projects by Anissa Mack, Matthew Sutton, Lisa Blas, and a bunch of other folks.

Happy inauguration! If you're here in town, stay warm!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe how early it filled up. Gobama!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home