Thursday, March 19, 2009

Regina apologizes for assuming the faux Gopnik on Twitter was legit. Lenny, meanwhile, decides to pounce on a "young blogger" who's "never wrong". (Obviously I'm infallible, but I don't think he means me.) Anyway, for what it's worth, Blake, I'll apologize, too, for assuming that fake Blake was the real deal.

As for Lenny's contention that the Twitter Gopnik was obviously fake...he mostly just announced whenever a piece was being published in the Post, albeit inelegantly. It looked to me like an exceptionally boring or lazy use of Twitter, and I wrote it off as someone being pushed into Twittering without necessarily wanting to. Re-reading now, though, I sheepishly admit it seems pretty damn clear that the author can't possibly be the WaPo's reporter chief art critic.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lenny said...

It wasn't you...

New subject: I prefer calling him the WaPo's Chief Art Critic, not just a reporter. Puts a vision in my head of someone with a fedora.

New subject: are you technically still "young"?

Just kiddin'

:-)

11:55 AM  
Blogger jhcudlin said...

I was being funny, or trying to. I knew to whom you were referring, and am staying out of it.

Correct--chief art critic it is, and should be. But who doesn't like a nice fedora?

The big bald spot on top of my head agrees with you.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would anyone sock-puppet a Twitter feed for an art critic? Who cares about this sort of thing?

It reminds me of that documentary, Trekkies, and in particular one Trek fanatic they interview who dresses up as/roleplays the fictional wife of a minor character from an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Fictional beyond the fact that the show is fiction: as in, this guy dresses up as a character he has invented to be the wife of a character who was only in one episode for one minute and never given so much as a back story. THAT'S CRAZY

12:56 PM  
Blogger jhcudlin said...

Please take your hands off of my pointy prosthetic ears.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Mark Cameron Boyd said...

Simulacra-zy!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home