Wednesday, September 09, 2009

how can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

Yesterday I drove to NYC and back again--and spent a pleasant 45 minutes in the city as I dropped off artwork. Oh, the things I do to bring you the good stuff.

For the rest of the week, I'll be working furiously to put the finishing touches on Fall Solos 2009, which opens this Friday. We have a site-specific mural, dancing holograms, and lots of big, scary sculpture. Reception runs from 6 - 9.

It will probably be a quiet week here.

Three things I noticed: J.T. finally made his departure from Thinking About Art official. He'll be focusing instead on his own studio practice--via his new blog, Thinking About My Art. Hey, I like talking about myself, too! We should form a club.

Also, Tyler linked to this story by Christopher Knight about the Frida Kahlo industry and its unequivocal response to the recently unearthed, hotly contested Kahlo archive. Lenny first drew my attention to the forthcoming book on the archive's contents (mostly ephemera) here; Knight's take seems like a new wrinkle in the discussion.

Finally, John Anderson writes an open letter to Glenn Beck--and pretty much puts the whole Rockefeller-as-communist-or-maybe-fascist business thoroughly to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What do you think about forming a network of blogs such as:

"Jeffry Thinks About His Art"

"J.T. Thinks About His Art"

We could open it up to every artist in the world so that they would all have a forum to talk about themselves. I think this has potential!

7:04 PM  
Blogger jhcudlin said...

I would prefer to have a network of blogs all talking only about me: "Bob Thinks About Jeffry's Art", "Susan Thinks About Jeffry's Art", etc.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home