Tuesday, October 06, 2009

welcome our new cyborg overlords

I initially missed this post somehow: Back on September 16, the Berlin-based art duo AIDS-3D wrote a fascinating guest IMG-MGMT essay for AFC.

Hubris/Nemesis/Whatever may read a bit like a cut-and-paste job, but it's definitely entertaining, and manages to shed light on a lot of the issues I've been examining lately for Transhuman Conditions, a show that will open at AAC in January.

The piece is definitely worth your attention...and makes me think differently about a pair of artists about whom, based on their website, I couldn't decide: Are they just generating exploitative spectacle, or are they actually clever? I'm leaning more toward clever now.

Below: A little transhuman dance party for you, courtesy of Toronto artist Jeremy Bailey:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home