Thursday, December 03, 2009

a tale of two duelling art events

Things you should do tonight: If you're in Baltimore, you should head over to the Creative Alliance to see Pamela Phatsimo Sunstrum and Torkwase Dyson perform in Here Be Dragons and A Small(ish) Opera. Starts @ 7:30; tickets required. Pamela just recently had a large installation at the AAC for Fall Solos; you can see video from the Creative Alliance of her drawing on their gallery walls in the player below. Torkwase will be partnering with AAC on a public art project that I'll be telling you more about soon.

I predict that Torkwase is going to have a big year in 2010.




If you're in DC, you need to go see what my alter ego at The Pink Line Project has cooked up for you at the Phillips Collection: Thought DJs We Are Science! will be "remixing" the writings of Duncan Phillips and projecting them on the gallery walls. You can participate in the process via text messages...in ways that aren't exactly clear to me, but which likely will not be dull. Starts @ 5:00; details here.

I suppose I should go ahead and gas up my little pink scooter now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home