Thursday, October 13, 2011

me, me, and somebody else


This past weekend I had a review of the American Visionary Art Museum's current show, "All Things Round," in the Washington Post. Read that here, if you haven't already.

Tomorrow I review entries for "
Utopias," a juried show I'm doing for Anne Arundel Community College. I'll meet the artists who make the cut at the juror's talk and opening reception on November 10.

See it this weekend: Evan Reed at GRACE in Reston. Evan is one of those artists who stays in his studio and quietly develops a really kick-ass, technically excellent, idiosyncratic body of work...and gets very little of the recognition he deserves for it.

Read the press release
here; see some of Evan's sculptures on his website here.

Evan was our visiting resident artist at AAC for much of my tenure there; I had the pleasure of bringing a
Very Large Sculpture of his with me to Germany in 2007 for a show we did at the Ludwig Forum in Aachen.

Evan's a master craftsman and draftsman--and, hey, if someone wants to buy me one of his
retro-modern drawings (the website images really don't do them justice) as a Christmas present, that'd be very nice, thanks.

The show--"until every shape has found its city"--is accompanied by a catalog, featuring an essay by Phillips Collection curator Vesela Sretenovic.

The reception is this Saturday, October 15, from 5 - 7 pm. For more info, visit the gallery website
here.

Pictured: Evan installing "Arlington House" in Aachen, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home