Friday, February 09, 2007

My pick for Seen at Transformer is in this week's City Paper.

Read it here.

I've been a little busy--gearing up for the College Art Association conference in New York next week. I'm planning to sneak out and see a few shows--and to report back to you on what I see.

Next Monday, I'll be at the press preview for the Phillips Collection's new show,
Moving Pictures: American Art and Early Film. Weirdly, the Katzen is having a press preview for their new Duane Hansen show--and additional shows with Dennis Oppenheim, Stanley Lewis, and others--at the same time, on the same day.
Both sound worthwhile, and I'm sure I'll be taking a look at Hansen--but since the Phillips asked for an RSVP by the 5th, and I just got the Katzen announcement today, I'm thinking Jack's going to have a lonely little talk.
Pictured: Etienne-Jules Marey, Étude chromo photographique de la locomotion humaine, 1886

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh come on, like either will be so busy and crowded at whenever-time that it will matter?! Pshaw. It's easier NOT to go to previews!

10:29 PM  
Blogger jhcudlin said...

Heck, why bother going to these shows at all? That's why people write press releases.

I like rituals, and I like getting all my eggs in one basket: Here's coffee and a bagel; here's the curator you might or might not need to talk to; here's your catalogue; here's the show--and once the rest of the press has moved past the first room, you've got the place all to yourself.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home