Friday, November 21, 2008

I've been busy finishing up my piece for the WCP on the Christo & Jeanne Claude show at the Phillips. Barring anything unforeseen, it should hit newsstands (are there still newsstands?) next Thursday.

I should also have an announcement re: finalists for UNLIMITED EDITION at the Arlington Arts Center before the day ends.

It's been over a year since I started curating at the AAC, and I'm finally, finally starting on a new art project of my own. I've just barely gotten started, and I've already discovered that I understand next to nothing about woodworking, or simple mechanisms, like cams.

AAC visiting artist Evan Reed loaned me a very helpful book from a company called Flying Pig, and it's exactly at my level of comprehension. Of course, it's basically a kids' book, showing you how to make cardboard dogs that nod their heads, hopping sheep, etc. Me, I'm planning to build something the size of a small car.

Clearly I need an assistant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home