Thursday, February 25, 2010

tapes'n'tapes

This is not art related, and might, in fact, be ill-advised, but here goes: Yesterday I started a little tumblr site for posting music.

In my misspent youth, I taught myself how to play guitar, bass, and drums, and proceeded to play in a string of short-lived, obscure indie rock bands. As a result, I have boxes and boxes of audio tapes from the 1990s of me rehearsing with other folks, recording demos for songs, or just sketching out various things.

Most of the tapes are unlabeled (I am so organized), and every now and then, I pull a few out and try to figure out what exactly I've been hoarding. Occasionally I'm not 100% mortified by what I hear.

There are two files up right now on Dropped Oxides; I'll be posting a new track every day for the foreseeable future. Enjoy, or don't.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Cameron Boyd said...

Thanks for this: Dug your stint as "metallic-artist-formerly-known-as-Prince" w the "all-instruments-played-by-me" thingy. [Now you need a symbol.]
And I opened a Tumblr account just so I can drop tracks, too. [Nothing yet - I'll keep u posted.]

11:33 AM  
Blogger Mark Cameron Boyd said...

Whoa...just discovered you can click on multiple tracks on Tumblr to PLAY ALL AT ONCE! True cacophony & there's a sound project in there somewhere.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mark Cameron Boyd said...

http://la-xile.tumblr.com/

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home